Friday, August 9, 2013

Where We Call Home

Tomorrow is our first big move to Jackson, MI. We'll move the rest and stay on August 19th. That said, I thought it would be good to do a post about where we've lived for the past 9 weeks.

As most of you know, God sold our house back in May. When it sold we knew we needed someplace to stay for just 10 weeks. I can honestly say I never really perused anything. I made one phone call that didn't lead to anything..... and had one conversation that led us to were we are now.

At my dentist appointment I was explaining to Marci what our plan was. I told her that we sold our house and needed to move. By the time I was leaving, she said that we could stay in her basement. I kind of brushed it off, then talked to Kent about it. He said we needed to at least go and look at it.

We drove up to their house and went in "our door" to the far right.


 
We walked into the amazing living area, that would be considered ours. It is wonderful. However, I do remember thinking at the time that it wasn't really separated from their living area. Their kitchen is a little back and to the left. Yet, another positive was our own bathroom, which is the door in the back of this picture. 

 


 Then we took at look outside and were amazed at the back yard and drive way. There's a sandbox and great place to ride bikes.


 Then...... we went to the basement. I'm not sure what I really expected..... it's a basement. There's carpet in half and cement in the other after because the floors can get wet. There's only one large room. Did you get that... one. So no bedroom for us and a separate one for the kids.

Needless to say I left pretty much freaking out that I could never to that for 10 weeks. Then of course my husband thought it wouldn't be a big deal. So after 2 more weeks of no more leads, we realize, or I should say I realized that the basement would be our home for the next 10 weeks.

 

 Moving day came, June 8th.... and it went. It was so smooth and we were so blessed to have amazing helpers move all our things. That day we moved the furniture that was already here and added ours and made it into a very nice home. This picture is our living room/ bedroom. I'm standing in the kitchen taking this picture.



This is our kitchen, which has no running water, but does have a full size refrigerator. It is a mess and missing two chairs because I just packed them today. Grace is in the right corner by the shopping cart. You can see that our bed is right there in the kitchen.


This is our kids' room. It's behind the entertainment center, that's in the first picture. This helped me tons. Really they could see right through the entertainment center but it helped me to think it was a separate room. Grady even knew he wasn't suppose to come out of his "room."


So I have to say that it has been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I could have ever dream or hoped for. Marci and Kyle are great people. They have been so hospitable and helpful with our kids. Grady loves Emry. He calls her his best friend, along with Vivian. The kids haven't even cared that we're living in a basement. They sleep well...

 
Pretty sure they haven't even noticed that they really are sleeping in the same room as us.
 


 The best part is that they have play mates all of the time. Grady will wait for Emry to get home and then play with her till he goes to bed. I barely get a hug in the morning. It's us usually, "Is Emry awake?" They simple spend a lot of time just being together.


Since I love numbers so much, I counted the stretches of days that we would be here, along with Marci's family. It turns out that we were never all here for a 2 week time frame. This summer we house sat for 10 days and went on 2, six day vacations, and went to HoH every Tuesday night and every other Saturday. Marci's family went on a vacation as well.

As always, God had it all worked out. I would do it again without question. I know my kids would too. I'm thankful for the time we've had here. It's been restful. Peaceful. Welcoming. It just feels like Home. Praise the Lord for Marci and Kyle's obedience to open their home to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment