Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cousins

So tomorrow is our official move to Jackson, MI. There are many things that I should be doing, like packing, packing, and more packing. However, on this beautiful Sunday I decided that I would do some resting before I do more packing.
  
 This summer we were able to spend lots of time with Grady and Grace's cousins. Hunter, Isabelle, Lydia, and Vivian. His other cousins live in Africa, Owen, Grahm, and Cole. We miss them greatly and know that they would have had a wonderful time with us.

I thought that I would share some of our best times this summer. Our summer started with the trip to Bear Lake. G, G and V had a great time swimming in the hot tub.


We also had wonderful snacks at Bear Lake. Vivian and Grady liked to sit at the bar and eat.

 
 
One day Brandy asked me, "Would you like to go to the zoo?" I said that would be a great idea. The night before we leave, Brandy text me and tells me she won't be able to go, but would I still like to take all the kids.... So me and 5 kiddos went to the Ft. Wayne zoo. It really turned at well. The kids had a good time. It was a zoo grand finale because Brandy's pass was running out so we used up everything we had. So we saw the animals, rode the boat, fed the goats and the fish. You can see the double jogger in the picture. I think at one time Lydia, Isabelle, Grady, and Grace were all riding in it. I was tired, but it was fun. 


When H, I, and L came over for lunch we would eat upstairs in the living room.


They also loved to build a fort in our living room. This one looks a little small. It usually took up the entire room. Every cushion and pillow were off the two couches and on the floor. Here they're reading books in the fort.


The large slip and slide at Grandpa Jacks was also a great hit!


Rain day at Lake Webster.


 Grady liked his life jacket. They're getting ready to go boating.

 

Last week, the kids and I went to the bounce house. It's pretty crazy how fast the bounce houses blow up. The  kids enjoyed bouncing but then they also ran around and played with the other toys. Hunter and I shot hoops. I really enjoyed beating him twice, but then he beat me too.


Here's Isabelle and Grace at the bounce house, taking a break. Grace looks a little squished.


And now Isabelle does.


Later that day we went to the park. Lydia and Grady climbed up
 

Isabelle and Grace followed suit.
 
We had a wonderful summer with the cousins. I'm thankful that we were able to make some new memories. Time always seems to pass quicker than we hope. I'll miss these 4 kiddos, and I know Grady will too. I'm thankful for God's mercy that seems to ease the pain and lend us comfort when we need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment