So we returned to Jackson, MI yesterday afternoon. We were so blessed to have someone to watch our kids while we unloaded and five guys to carry our things upstairs. It's was a blessing to open the door to find soup in the crock pot and cookies on the counter for us. We enjoyed supper with some of our friends here and tucked the kids in. After a nice chat with my friend, and Kent watching a guy movie we retired to our glorious queen size bed.
Then today we had to go to Mejier. The kids did great. I also needed to mail a package to Bobbie so we went to the post office. I didn't think it would take long, so Kent agreed to stay with the kids and the pack of Mentos.
Well, the post office took longer than I thought so as I'm walking out Kent texts me, asking if they shipped me with the package to Uganda. When I got to the van Kent hands me the Mento package, baring one lonely mento, and proceeds to tell me just what happened while I was inside...
- While listening to "Taking Care of Business" Grady asks "Daddy, what does take it to the business mean?"
- A questionable character walks up to the trash can and starts rummaging through for pop cans. Immediately, Grady questions Kent about what he is doing.
- A man in a orange jump suit and hand cuffs walks by being escorted by two well dressed men. Grady proceeds to ask Kent what the man had done wrong.
- Another song come in the radio, "Free Falling" Grady asks, "Daddy, what's free balling."
- Grace is sitting there this entire time just asking for more Mentos.
Needless to say I was in tears by the time Kent got done telling me these things. All this happened in this space fifteen minutes! It was a good laugh that I definitely needed.