Sunday, August 18, 2013

Uncle Tim's Wedding

Last night Grady and Grace were in Kent's uncle Tim's wedding. Grace was the flower girl and Grady was the ring bearer. Kent and I couldn't have been prouder. Grady led Grace the entire way. Kent had told Grady to take charge of Grace and he did. He did it with such kindness and love.

Kent was so cute getting Grady ready. He tightened up his tie


Made sure it was fastened


Folded down his collar and he was ready to go. Kent is an amazing daddy. He grows in his love for the kids every day in so many ways.


 Grady did great for the pictures, Grace not so much. She was a little crabby, but she did stay still.


Grace looks tired but Grady was so chipper!


Here they are with Kent's dad. What a wonderful picture. I'm so thankful for dad. He loves my kids and is so supportive in this journey. It helps to make the move easier.


A little awkward, but a family picture anyways. I wanted to get one before the wedding and this is how it turned out.

 

Grady and Grace got a cookie for standing still during pictures. They actually managed not to get themselves all dirty.


After the wedding we had a wonderful supper. Grace loved the mac and cheese.


Grady devoured his roll.


Then after a long wait we got to have cake!!!!!!! Grace liked it...


But Grady loved it!!


Weddings are funny things to me. There's so much build up for just one day. You make this commitment to your soon to be spouse about things you could never possibly imagine you'll face. Weddings almost make me nervous. It's one of those times you ask, you have to know that you know that you know that this is what you're suppose to do.

I'm sure my view of weddings has been tainted by the experiences I have seen in the marriages around me, and the ups and downs I've experienced in my own marriage. I'm so thankful for my 11 years with my husband. There have been bad and good and excellent times. So I guess I'll end with a thank you, Kent. For loving me when I didn't deserve it. Making me laugh when I wanted to cry. For holding me hand with I felt so alone. Thanks for being my best friend who will see me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment