Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Our First 10 Days in 10 Snapshots


So we've been here for 10 days. I just told our neighbors that it feels like 10 months. Monday and Tuesday we had orientation and classes finally started today. The classes were out of this world. Yesterday, I was ready to go home. I thought what's the point in being here. We're not learning anything.... well I just needed to hold on for one more day, which was today. The classes pulled me right back in. The information we're going to learn is wonderful. Where else can studying the Bible be your main job.
 
So I thought I would update you with what's been happening by sharing 10 snapshots of our first 10 days. Here goes...
 
School Time! This Monday started Grady and Grace's first day of preschool. Grady was so excited that he had a difficult time going to bed on Sunday. He really enjoys being with the other two boys there. Grace... well she doesn't love it as much. We had to address her "fits" on day two of daycare. She did better today and I hope she'll adjust more everyday. On Monday when they came out of daycare, Grady and Grace ran and gave each other a big huge. It was priceless.

 

Dinner Time! Let's see I cooked maybe 5 meals the entire summer because we were living in someone's basement. Since we've been here, I've prepared 27 meals. And guess what, I don't mind. So our kitchen table has become common gathering place for our family.


Daddy Time! This has changed a lot since we've been here. Kent has more time with the kids and more time to help me with everyday chores. It took some getting use to, but we're adjusting to having him home all the time with us.


Not Bluffton! Since coming to Jackson, we've realized that we're not in Bluffton anymore. I haven't been allowed to go to the store alone yet, not that I've needed to. I'm sure the time will come. The water here is also full chlorine. You can even smell it. So when we were checking out filters at Walmart we realized it was going to cost a lot to keep replacing them. So just bought a large water thermos and fill it in the kitchen, and then carry it up to our apartment. It lasts about 4 days.


The Store! We've been to the store several times since we've arrived in Jackson. We've been to Mejier twice, Walmart three times, and Aldis once. Our trips should be slowing down now that we've gotten all the things we needed to start the school year.


Snack Time! These two cuties are having their nightly snack. We've never had that before, but since arriving here the kids have had apples and grapes while we read our Bible story.


My Glasses! So last week, I got something on my right contact and it really hurt my eye. Then I cleaned them. So the next morning I go to put them in again and this time the left eye caught on fire. I could barely get it out. I cleaned them again and let them set a day. The next day I tried again and burned my eyes once more. I don't have anymore contacts and my prescription has ran out so I'm wearing my glasses from high school because Grace broke my newer glasses. It's kind of annoying wearing them. I'm pretty sure it's God working on my pride.


Big Kids to School! Today was our first day of school. Here we are with our books. Kent has more homework than I do, but we're pushing on together. Several people have told us not to get behind because it's too hard to catch up. I have to read one book by next Thursday. Kent has to do that and read two other books and other homework. Striving to use our time wisely.


Play Time! When we were at the Lockwood's Grady played with Emry from sun up to sun down. Now he has Grace. When I was pregnant with Grace, I prayed that they would be best friends. God's working in Grady's heart to love Grace more. We're working on kindness with both of them. They're doing really well working together.


3:30 Play Time! Everyday since we've been here Grady and I have went outside at 3:30 each afternoon. The first day Grady cried because the boys wanted to play super heroes and he didn't want to. However, by the next day he was willing to play with them and join in their games. They then found out that Grady had an entire tub of super hero customs! The customs have went to the playground almost everyday since. Grady is the third from the left, the first two boys on the left are the other two boys in his daycare class. If you have extra super hero customs that you don't know what to do with we'd love to put them to use. The kids here would be super excited.


Well, we've made it past the first class and we're still here. I know we're going to really enjoy the information that we gather. Thank you for praying for us. I know it's what has gotten us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment