Thursday, August 21, 2014

STP Training

So what is STP? IT stands for Student Training Program. It's a wonderful time of focused study about what the word says about leadership. We arrived back to NBTI on Saturday, August 9th and STP started on the 13th. We spent two days here and then went to Camp Good News to have some time away from campus and be together for a time of bible study, teaching, and play.

So what did I learn (or was reminded of) during our stay at camp....

~ My identity has to be in Christ and Christ alone.
~ That in love, I need to meet people where they are at.
~ That I can give my opinion about a matter, but I cannot force them to do it my way or to think that my way is best! (This is a tough one for me.)
~ I'll never be done growing in Christ. If I were to ever "arrive" at wherever perfection would be, I would have no need for God.
~ The needs I have before I was saved is the same needs I have after I was saved, it's just now that God is able to completely meet my needs.
~ A leader is really just a servant.

So things that many of you already knew, yet is good to be reminded.

So what did our kids do? Well,

They played in the dirt/sand


Watched the Lego movie


Played in the water


Ate ice cream
 

Of course, played super heroes



After a great four days and learning about leadership and how we all work together, God was so good to show me the body of Christ in action....

On our way home from camp, I fell asleep in the van and was awakened by a very large crash, which ended up being our van. A lady was coming at us head on, so Kent swerved to miss her. However, she hit our front wheel, driver's door, and driver's side passenger's door. It took our steering out, leaving Kent with no power and sending us crashing into the guard rail.

As we tumbled out of the van, so did the people behind us (which was vehicle 3 in the line of 8 NTBI vehicles). Before I could even react, the police had been called, Kent was on the phone with the insurance company, people were moving our things to another van, they moved people around so we could go to another van, the police came, and our van was being towed away. It all happened so quickly that this is the only picture I was able to take (and I didn't even take it).


We drove back to Jackson, about a two hour drive, and went to the hospital beside NTBI. As you can see here the kids were fine. Kent and I got x-rays and everything showed up good.


Kent is sore today, but recovering well. All the glory for this accident goes to our Heavenly Father. The out come could have been a lot different. My friend said, "Some people walk away from accidents really bad hurt, others don't walk away at all. However, today either of those things are true."

Out of all 8 vehicles traveling together, we were the only one hit. We were also the only van that was having trouble and that needed to be repaired when we returned to Jackson. People had been praying for our van for a couple of days. I believed God heard them and answered in a way we didn't expect. We're thinking that the van will be totaled and hoping to be able to buy a nice van that will get us to and from Jackson this year and then two years to and from Roach, Missouri. I believe God already provided and will do so again.

Praising God that I was able to tuck my two healthy children into bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment