Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Our Summer Vacation

My sister, Brandy always teases me about how much a love number. I'll be counting things out to the exact number, and she'll just start and figure it out later. So I thought it would be great to sum up our vacation with a few numbers:
  • Over 2,500 miles traveled
  • Slept in 4 Hotel Rooms
  • Swam in 3 pools
  • Went to 3 Beaches
  • Ate at 15 different restaurants
  • Visited 1 Major Theme Park
  • Watched 14 movies in the car
  • Visited 1 Zoo
  • 6ish fill ups on Gas
  • Visited with 2 Friends
  • Read 2 entire Novels
It was a busy week, but a good time for us to be together as a family. We drove 17 hours to Sanford, FL and stayed in the NTM Headquarters. Grace and Grady loved the DVD player and the van we barrowed from Tim and Gwen Drayer.
 
 
 
The we stopped at Dayton Beach on our way into Sanford. We also visited Cocoa Beach and New Smyrna Beach. The kids absolutely loved the waves and sand, not so much of the salt water. 


Our guest room at Sanford was smaller than I thought it would be. The kids shared a bed and as you can see Grady was pushed to the side each night.


Due to some credit card points we had to use, we were able to buy four Disney Magic Kingdom tickets for the price of one. So Wednesday morning we packed up and headed out. It was a busy, but good day. I believe that Grace will probably remember this,
 

 
 
Although I hope she remembers this as well. 
 

Grady loved the roller coasters and the driving the race care; however, I hope he remembers this the most.

 

Or this would be a good memory too!


We also got unlimited pop while we were at Disney World. The kids were CraZy!! I was actually pretty funny to watch.


Our trip ended with one last trip to the beach. I took this picture of us and then had to laugh. We have a picture like this of us on our honeymoon. I'm pretty sure the only things that's changed is Kent's goatee.


I told my friend today that the trip was great but it wasn't restful. I'm glad that we were able to go.... and thankful to have a place to come home to.



No comments:

Post a Comment